If you are concerned about the number of fraudulent foreclosures in California, please sign the petition below and share it with others. We will print and deliver these petitions to the appropriate parties when we have enough signatures.GOAL: 100 signatures
Save hardworking Californians' homes by declaring an immediate moratorium on all fraudulent foreclosures!
Prosecute bankers for system-wide mortgage and foreclosure fraud!
Banks foreclosed on 1.2 million homes in California since 2008, and up to 2 million homes are expected to be foreclosed upon by the end of 2012. As many as 84% of foreclosures had one or more clear violations of law, and over 66% had a four or more clear violations of law, as determined in a recent audit by Phil Ting, the San Francisco County Assessor-Recorder. In addition, states Mr. Ting, “Many of these actions, if not all of these actions, render many of these foreclosures invalid.” Dean Logan, the Los Angeles County Recorder, asserts that the illegal foreclosure actions, “(N)eed law enforcement."
- We petition the State Attorney General Kamala Harris to enact a moratorium on foreclosures.
- We petition District Attorneys to investigate and prosecute those responsible for the illegal bank activity.
- We petition State Legislators to enact legislation for a moratorium on foreclosures because of the illegal bank activity.
- We petition County Recorders to stop recording fraudulent foreclosure documents.
- We petition Sheriffs to immediately halt enforcement of all foreclosures because of the illegal bank activity